Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tomatillo Salsa

I can't really show you the steps to this recipe...but it is a truly incredible recipe.  This is the most addicting salsa I know...and boy I know addicting salsas!  Anyway...I recieved my bountiful baskets mexican food pack full of peppers and tomatillos and so I had to make this fabulous salsa...I double dare you to make it, and then, see if you can stop eating it.   
Sweet Tomatillo Salsa


10 tomatillos, husked
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 green chili roasted (or small can of diced green chilies)
1 green bell pepper roasted
1/2 jalapeno roasted
1/4 - 1/2 cup cilantro
1 lime juiced
3-4 tblspns brown sugar
2 tsps white sugar
salt to taste



Place tomatillos in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boil. Simmer until tomatillos soften and begin to burst, about 10 minutes.

Drain tomatillos and place in a food processor or blender with roasted peppers. Add back to saucepan with remaining ingredients, except cilantro. Cook a short time, just until it boils. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.

See MoreHere is the link to bountiful baskets, if you are in the West, see if it is in your town, it is a cool program.  http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

what is left of my bountiful basket pack after several salsas...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe...I've never really known how to cook with tomatillos so this will be a good place to start....it looks delicious!!

    Thanks from Malena!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I finally found some tomatillos and it just so happens that I got some tamales from the little lady down the street who makes *homemade* chicken tamales every Saturday (she made cheese ones for me)....
    so I made your tomatillo salsa and it was FABULOUS!! got rave reviews from J, too!

    MUCHAS gracias from Malena! :)

    ReplyDelete