- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, and diced,
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin (or to taste)
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic minced
- large handful parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- Heat pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook diced sweet potatoes until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through. Add salt, pepper to taste and half the cumin powder . Remove the sweet potatoes and add the chickpeas to roast.
- In a large bowl , garlic, onion, and parsley.
- To the bowl add the sweet potato, chickpeas with the lemon juice and zest,
- Toss to combine. Add additional olive oil (up to one tablespoon -- optional).