Friday, July 5, 2019

Buttery Onion Soup

You heard me. Butter+Onion+Soup...oh and + mozzarella cheese....this is what heaven tastes like. That sounds weird, but whatever. It is sooooo goooood! I have always liked french onion soup, but I have to say I love this onion soup even more! So if you like soup and butter, and onions aaaaaannnndddd mozzarella cheese...then here you go!




Buttery Onion Soup

2 cups thinly sliced onions ( I used sweet onions)
1/2 cup of butter, cubed
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk (I replaced some with cream...boy howdy)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (you can use less if you are boring)
salt and pepper until it tastes awesome
I also added a couple dashes of savory, because it smelt good.  Other herbs would be great in it also. experiement a little. 


  • In your favorite soup pot...cook onions in the butter on low heat until tender and transparent, about 20 minutes. I always add a dash or two of salt also. Because I love the to taste test and tast testing buttery salted onions is like majorly rad. 
  • Stir in the flour and cook for another minute. Slowly add broth and milk; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Reduce to low and add cheese, salt, pepper and other herbs. Stir until melted but do not boil.
  • See that was easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment