Monday, August 9, 2010

Jalapeno Jelly

I am still working on ways to use all the bounty of my bountiful basket.  So today, I decided to make jelly.  Why not?  I have a half hour that I should be working on paperwork...might as well continue the productive procrastination that rules my life!  I enjoy eating this with wheat thins and cream cheese.  mmmm...I need to go pick up some wheat thins and cream cheese.  Later!
Homestead Jalapeno Jelly

Ingredients
1-1/2 cup red and green bell pepper, minced
1/2 cup hot Jalapeno peppers chopped fine
1-1/2 cup cider vinegar
6 cups sugar
1 package Pectin
2/3 cup water

Place peppers, vinegar, and sugar in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes. While this mixture boils, mix the pectin and the 2/3 cup water in a saucepan and boil 1 minute. Set aside. Add pectin mixture to the peppers and boil again 2 minutes. http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/ok/n/okn97014.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment