Sunday, August 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bread and Amazing Zucchini Bread

I have the opportunity to bring treats for my new university students. So what better way to welcome them then my best sweet breads. I just keep trying to work the breads as best as possible, making them sweet, moist and popping with flavors. Emphasizing the S in flavors. I have worked hard on creating these, and I think I am finally done messing with them. My favorite secret ingredient for sweet breads...molasses. It brings a richness to breads that just really kicks it up! So hope you will try it!!

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Mix together:
2 cups flour
¾ cup sugar (I use ½ white, ½ brown)
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

In another bowl mix together:
3 very ripe bananas mashed
6 tbs butter melted
2 eggs, beaten
½ sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1tbsp molasses

Combine dry mix and wet mix, stir in:
1 bag peanut butter baking chips (or chocolate chips)

Topping:
1 Tbsp butter
¼ cup chocolate chips
¾ cup powdered sugar
3 Tbsp chunky peanut butter
Mix together until crumbly.

Pour banana bread batter into greased 9 inch loaf pan.  Add peanut butter/sugar topping to the top.

Cook in 350 degree oven for 55 minutes. 

 Zucchini Bread

Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
Servings: 24


INGREDIENTS:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon *** I used a 1 1/2 of pumpkin pie spice, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 tsp molasses
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar *** I used 1 cup white sugar 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
**topping Demetra sugar sprinkled or brown sugar
DIRECTIONS:
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool


3 comments:

  1. So delicious!!! I loved it! Are you selling these? Why are there so many?
    (Tiffany Phoenix)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should sell them!!! that would be awesome! No, I am making them for my UCATS for their first day of school with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to put peanut butter in banana bread! It makes sense, because people love peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but somehow, I just never thought of putting them together for a bread...can't believe I've been missing out on this concept!....plus chocolate chips...sounds like a winner and the finished products look beautiful!

    Can't wait to try it out...

    Thanks from Malena!

    ReplyDelete