Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream

My lovely friend Jen is coming into town, so I am making ice cream to bring some happiness to us all!  I actually haven't made ice cream very often this summer, which is extremely unusual for me.  Well, I looked to see what I had to make ice cream with, I almost always use the same sweet cream base and then add whatever I want, have or has been requested.  I had dove dark chocolates and cherries, so Voila!!!  Cherry chocolate ice cream!  Enjoy!


Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream


Ingredients

1/4 cup chopped chocolate (I love Dove Dark...pick your favorite!)
1/4 cup cherries, chopped
2 large eggs
1cup sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk (I use skim and it turns out just fine)


Directions

1.Chop chocolate and cherries.
2. Mix eggs with a whisk in a bowl until light and fluffy and no streaks. Whisk in the sugar until completely blended. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk until completely blended.
3. Put the mix into your ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. After the ice cream starts to thicken  (about 5 minutes before it is done), add the chocolate and the cherries, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready. Though when I am really lazy, I dump it all in at the same time and it turns out just fine.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Oooohhh, that looks fabulous! And pictures to boot! You never have issues with the eggs? I eat raw cookie dough all the time and never have issues...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had an issue with the eggs. As long as they are fresh when you make it, you keep the ice cream frozen, no problem at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,
    This ice cream looks amazing!! It looks so creamy, like really upscale gelato....like that great place in Tucson, maybe?? :) :)
    I really need to get an ice cream maker so I can try this soon!

    Thanks from Malena!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Malena, it is super creamy. I have to admit, I don't like the custard ice cream way, even though it is safer, because it is not sweet or creamy enough, and if I want icecream, I want it to satisfy. :) I have tried to replicate my favorite gelato from Frost, Giaduia, I will try it again sometime and add it...it is awesome! Thanks for visiting the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooOOOO... Just had to come here to see my name in lights again.
    Yum.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete