Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken + Tacos = Happy Men

Yes, I love to make people happy through food...so sue me, or just come eat with me, and be happy.  In the last several days I have had some of the men that make me most happy come visit, so I have had to make them chicken tacos to make them happy too.  I thought I would share...so taco on peeps, taco on...


3-4 cups of shredded chicken (I like a rotisserie chicken)
1/4 tsp each of chili powder, cumin, oregano
1/2 onion, chopped and sauteed
salt and pepper to taste

1 dozen corn tortillas
1 cup grated cheddar cheese                                                                            
1/2 cup lettuce, chopped
1 tomato diced
1/4 cup oil

Add a Tbsp of butter or oil to a frying pan and add onion.  Saute until soft and translucent.  Add shredded chicken to the onions, add spices and stir.  Take of the pan and put on a plate.

Add oil to the frying pan.  turn to med. high heat.  Watch the heat carefully, so that it won't pop.  When hot add the corn tortilla.  Add a couple tablespoons of the chicken to one half of the tortilla.  Flep te other half of the tortilla over the chicken.  when the side face down is crispy, flip the taco over and fry the other side until crispy.  You can probably have several tacos going at the same time.

  Take taco out of the pan and place on a pan, so that it tips and the oil can drip onto a paper towel.  Add the cheese, so that it melts nicely in the taco.

Serve with lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce...  and remember...cold tacos for breakfast are also way awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment