Friday, June 10, 2011

Pizza!

Tonight, with a friend, we decided to tackle Tumamoc Hill, a lovely steep hill on the west side of town, that takes you up 700 feet in a mile and a half.  After an accomplishment like that, we needed to eat well.  We wanted to make pizza!  I am not so great at the whole pizza dough thing, but luckily Trader Joe's comes in and saves the day with their awesome dough.  We decided to do BBQ chicken and Margherita, which I had never made before, but I had fresh tomatoes from my mom's garden and fresh basil from my herb garden.  It is now my favorite, it was amazing!!  Happy Pizza-ing!!

Pizza Margherita

1/2 Trader Joe's Pizza dough
1 tomato sliced, or 2 small tomatoes
1/2 cup marinara (my marinara recipe is somewhere in this blog)
1/2 ball mozzarella sliced thin
6-7 basil leaves, chiffonade

Roll out the dough and cook in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes.  This will help it from getting soggy in the middle.
After you get it out, add the marinara sauce, place the basil and tomatoes around the pizza, and then place the mozzarella slices on top of the pizza.  


Cook in the 450 degree oven for 12 more minutes.  






BBQ Chicken Pizza
1/2 Trader Joe's dough
1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
 6 mini peppers, sliced
1/4 of an onion, sliced and sauteed
3/4 cup shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
1/2 ball of mozzarella grated

Roll out the dough and cook in a 450 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes.  This will help it from getting soggy in the middle.
After you get it out, add the BBQ sauce, place the peppers, onions and chickens around the pizza, and then place the mozzarella on top of the pizza.  


Cook in the 450 degree oven for 12 more minutes. 


 and dessert was chocolate cheesecake bars (recipe on blog) and homemade chocolate mint ice cream...I would give you the recipe, but I kind of just threw it together without measuring.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment