Monday, June 13, 2011

Fresh Apricot, Peach, Strawberry Crisp


Yes, I know what you are thinking...."hasn't she been making healthy foods?"  (though some of you might be thinking "how the heck is she not married to the happiest man on earth."  well, it takes a quite a man to deserve my awesomeness and cooking...:)....but back to the healthy food.  Yes, I told myself when I bought the 24 pounds of apricots, you will only make jam, no pie, or crumble or crisps...I totally lied to myself.  My excuse?  I blame my mother.  I invited them to have my amazingly delicious and healthy vegetable barley soup.  She accepted the invitation and then gave me heavy cream from a dairy in Wyoming, and requested ice cream.  I can't tell my mom no...and if I was going to make vanilla bean ice cream it needed fruit to go with it...so, I used the rest of my apricots, a few peaches and a couple strawberries.  but this can be done with just apricots, or peaches.   It is amazing!!!  (too bad for all the lonely hungry men...you chose wrongly...hahahahaha!!!  Happy Crisping!!

 

 

Fresh Apricot, Peach, Strawberry Crisp

  Ingredients
  • 4 cups apricot, peach, strawberry halves
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup rolled oat
  • ¼ cup sliced almonds

Directions

1.                     Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.                     Arrange the apricots in a 9x12-inch baking dish and sprinkle with white sugar and ¾ tsp of cinnamon. Mix together brown sugar, ¼ tsp cinnamon and flour in a bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Lightly stir in the rolled oats and almonds and spoon the mixture over the apricots.
3.                     Bake in the preheated oven until the fruit is soft and the topping is browned and crisp, 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment