Sunday, June 12, 2011

Apricot Chicken

I have apricots growing out of my ears. I made jam until I could jam no more!!! So, what are the other options...well, there are the sweet treats, but I am trying to behave...and that is tough...so I decided I would do apricot chicken. I looked at this one by Rachael Ray, but added my own little flare.  It is not spectacular, but it will be, I think maybe adding a squeeze of citrus might liven it up. 


Apricot Chicken
Adapted from Rachael Ray
Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
• 2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut in 1/2 across on an angle
• Salt and pepper, and cinnamon chipotle chicken rub (optional)
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves minced
dash of chili powder.
• 1/3 cup flour
• 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
• 12 fresh apricots, chopped
• 1 cups chicken stock
• 1 cup apricot all fruit spread or apricot preserves
Directions
Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium high heat. Add oil and chicken. Season with salt and pepper and chicken rub (I like chipotle cinnamon). Cook the chicken until brown. Take out and let rest, add more oil to the pan and add onions. Cook 5 minutes. Add garlic and flour and stir to make a roux. Add vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate. Add apricots and stock. When stock comes to a bubble, add preserves and dash of chili powder and stir to combine. Add Chicken, cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment