Sunday, July 10, 2011

White Bean, Tuna, and Onion Salad

A  dear friend of mine, who knows I am working on weight loss and continuing my search for tasty healthy food has been telling me that she has been eating more beans and it has helped her weight loss.  Since I have been working on legumes and healthy proteins, I am now in bean mode...yes, this won't help people be more social with me, but, whatever.  This recipe rocks,!  So go team bean! (you will be seeing more bean recipes over the next couple weeks :)

 

White Bean, Tuna, and Onion Salad

(Fagioli, Tonno, e Cipolle)


SERVES 2
Italians use good-quality tuna packed in olive oil
 1 can of navy beans
1  6-oz. cans olive-oil-packed tuna, lightly drained
1 medium red onion (or sweet onion), halved and thinly sliced
extra-virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lime, lemon or tangerine
Freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
1. Place beans in a large serving bowl, and add tuna. Break up tuna with a wooden spoon. Scatter red onion over tuna; then drizzle with oil, and season generously with pepper add salt to taste.
**this reminded me of creamed tuna that my mom used to make, but with beans, so I decided to warm it up, add a dollop of light sour cream a little chipotle sauce and served on sourdough toast...but one suggestion...don't microwave too long...or you will be cleaning off the beans off the microwave for awhile. :) and served it with my bruschetta with fresh tomotoes and basil from the garden...great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment