Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yoga Cookies

Well, I was doing yoga, when all I could think about was these molasses cookies that my mom and I had talked about the night before.  So, when I reached my max at doing the yoga, then cookies it is!  I then I went and delivered it to friends and family, because sweet cookieness aren't really allowed in my house during diet season...but I did eat one....and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it was delightful.  I am taking a 7 mile hike tonight to make up for the cookie at lunch.  Though, molasses does have a lot of antioxidants!  So healthy is awesome!!  :) 



Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies

recipe by the queen of cookies Martha Stewart·                          

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup molasses

Directions

1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a shallow bowl, place 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
2.      With an electric mixer, beat butter and remaining cup of sugar until combined. Beat in egg and then molasses until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in dry ingredients, just until a dough forms.
3.      Pinch off and roll dough into balls, each equal to 1 tablespoon. Roll balls in reserved sugar to coat.
4.      Arrange balls on baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake, one sheet at a time, until edges of cookies are just firm, 10 to 15 minutes (cookies can be baked two sheets at a time, but they will not crackle uniformly). Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; transfer to racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Love that...yoga cookies!! What a great idea, they look yummy!!
    Thanks from Malena!

    ReplyDelete