Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fresh Fruit Freeze

I wanted to give the ice cream freezer a good workout, but still wanted to behave myself, foodwise...that is...and after a week being spoiled at my conference at westward look and their good food, I needed to behave myself, though I miss the chocolate torte.   I found a recipe from Prevention for a fruit freeze using canned peaches and pineapple juice.  Well, I thought I could  do one better since I had fresh fruit.  So I made a fresh fruit freeze.  It is kind of like a frozen smoothie, but, lower in calories (only around 65) for there is no dairy...just fabulous fresh fruit for refreshment...(yes I was going for alliteration there)  So, have a fresh fruit freeze soon and you too will be refreshingly happy!!! 



Fresh Fruit Freeze

1-2 frozen bananas
1 nectarine or peach, cut up
6-8 strawberries, hulled
1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon of jam (I used my red plum)

Bend to together in a blender.  Place in ice cream freezer and freeze...it really is that easy :)

1 comment:

  1. Sara, this looks so delicious! ...and refreshing!
    I'd like some now, please?
    thanks from Malena :)

    ReplyDelete