Sunday, February 27, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

For my backpacking trip, I need to come up with an easy meal, that would satisfy taste buds.  I had just gone out to lunch with a friend to Beyond Bread, and their Khalid's Kurry, which was an awesome chicken salad.  So I decided to attempt to replicate.  It isn't perfect yet, but came pretty close, and was easy to pack in on my hike.  So, hope you try it and like it!!! 

Curried Chicken Salad

2 cups Cooked and shredded chicken (I like a rotisserie chicken)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
½ tsp salt
1-2 tbsp curry powder (depending on your taste preferences)
1/3 cup raisins
½ cup julienned jicama
2 stalks of chopped celery stalks
¼ cup diced scallions
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I like Ken’s steakhouse creamy balsamic)


Combine, cover, chill and find some fabulous lettuce and tasty bread or pita and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment