Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hummus with a happy kick!

A month ago my brother-in-law brought home some hummus from a fabulous Greek co-worker.  She didn't use tahini, or yogurt, and it was addicting!  She used a lot of cilantro and lime.  So I have attempted to recreate this fabulous addiction, and add my own twist.  I am pretty pleased with the results.  (and by the way...I have a lot of paperwork to do this weekend, so there should be a lot of recipes that I will make...the more responsibility I have, the more I use cooking to escape!)  :) 



Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with  Lime and Cilantro

 Ingredients
*                               1  (16-oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed                                                                          
*                               1/3  cup  olive oil                                                                                                               
*                               3  tablespoons  lime juice
*                               ½ cup roasted red pepper
*                               1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
*                               1 Tablespoon  minced garlic
*                               Dash of  ground cumin
*                               Dash of paprika
*                               Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation
Process first 6 ingredients and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 3 days. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil just before serving, if desired. Garnish, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a good hummus recipe! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    I can't wait to try this hummus! Looks really interesting without tahini or yogurt....nice!

    Thanks from Malena!

    ReplyDelete