Sunday, September 19, 2010

Carrot Cake...the world's best air freshner.

I met my new manager at my part-time job, and she was totally cool, and she found out that I liked to bake for the office.  She mentioned that she liked cream cheese frosting. I told her that I would make her carrot cake, if I would be her favorite employee, she laughed, close enough...I made her cake.  I am not a big cake maker, but I love me some carrot cake, and love the cream cheese frosting the best...and I have to test it a lot....I mean a lot...just to make sure it is perfect!!!  :)


Carrot Cake
 
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla                                                                          
1 Tbsp molasses
2 cups flour
3teaspoons cinnamon (I use Santa Cruz factory baking spice…and it is GENEROUS helpings)
2teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon salt                                                                                           
3 cups grated carrots
1cup chopped nuts

Mix  wet ingredients together until a lemon color.  In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients and add to egg mixture.  Add carrots and nuts.  Bake in two 9-inch layer pans at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    Your carrot cake looks so yummy...I have to try your recipe soon...especially with that frosting!

    Thanks from Malena!

    ReplyDelete