Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fresh Pear Muffins


My mom and I bought 36 pounds of pears from bountiful baskets to can.  Can she did...I was too busy at work, so she and dad did them without me. However, there were leftover pears, but by the time I brought them home, they were really beat up.  Since it is the first day with my university students tomorrow, I always bring a snack or two. So what will be better than pear muffins?  I have never made pear muffins before, so I modified a bread recipe and was feeling really lazy and in a rush at the same time (is that possible) so I pureed them in my blender with some water instead of chopping.  We will see how it goes!!  I also had fun using the mini muffin pan.  I watched marriage ref the other day on tv, and they were arguing about excessive appliances.  There is no such thing as too many kitchen gadgets, so I pulled out the mini, and we will party on with them! So keep pearing!

Fresh Pear Muffins

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour                                                                               
  • 2 cups Coachs Oats
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups peeled, cored and finely chopped pears, and pureed with ¼ cup water
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp molasses
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

 

 

Directions

1.                       In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil molasses and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice and water, puree in blender. Stir pears into batter). Spoon into greased muffin pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment