Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chewy, Chocolaty, Sweet, Amazing Brownie Temptation (aka bribery)

So, did you ever see that episode of Friends where Monica is trying to make Phoebe's grandmothers chocolate chip cookies, but can't replicate.  Finally, Phoebe tells here that it was from the French part of her family "nes le tool hous"  The friends then realize the recipe was from Nestle Tollhouse all along...ya, well, that is the recipe I use for chocolate chip cookies too, I have tried others, but I like those the best.  Well, guess what, their brownie recipe is amazing also.  I made these to bribe my supervisor for some extra days off, and to give to some of my co-workers, because it makes the guys hug me, and I like hugs and to feel the love :)  So here it is....enjoy!!!

Old School Fudge Brownies with walnuts and chocolate chunks 
adapted from Toll House by Joy the Baker

















1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's dark)                                                                             
3/4 cup butter
2 Tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chocolate chips or coarsely chopped chocolate bar (oops 1/4 cup?  I used 1/2 a bag!!!) :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.  (or a 10-inch round cake pan.)
Combine butter and cocoa powder in a small bowl, and place over a pot of simmering water.  Make sure that the simmering water down not touch the bottom of the bowl.  Add the water and stir to melt the ingredients.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs and the sugar.  Add the vanilla extract.  When the butter and chocolate have melted and come together, slowly stir the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture.
Add the flour, baking powder and salt.  Stir to combine.  Fold in the nuts, saving a small handful for the top of the brownies if you like.
Pour the batter in the pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips or chocolate chunks and remaining nuts.  Bake for 18-25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. Sara!!!!
    ok, you got me with these chocolate yummies!!
    Looks fantastic...off I go to the kitchen!
    :)
    Thanks from Malena

    ReplyDelete