Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco (or actually Seis) de Mayo featuring: Salsa, Black Bean salad and Sopapilla Cheesecake

So, I had some end of the year parties to attend, and my own continued attempt at healthy, satisfying meals, so I made things both good for you to keep, and terrible, but delicious to take to parties.  :)  There is a restaurant here in town that makes salsa fresh at your table, and it is so good, and I crave it, so I have been attempting to copycat it, and I think I am really, really close!!!  With the black beans, I have created the recipe from black bean salad from World's Healthiest Foods, and I am adding some of the awesome benefits they have listed.  Finally, thanks to a friend, who shared this recipe on Facebook Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie, the combination of flavors....cheesecake and sugar....cinnamon, butter and sugar....(notice the running theme...dairy fat and sugar....) smells amazing and I am betting tastes super amazing!!!!  So party it up!!!!  Adios!!

                                                                    
Sara’s CopyCat Guadalajara Grill Salsa
 
12 oz canned plum tomatoes, and juice, diced up, or smashed up ( love, love LOVE, Trader Joes)
½ small sweet onion chopped
1/8 cup cilantro, chopped (or more…I like more)
I also added a little bit of fresh oregano and thyme from my garden
3 garlic cloves minced
2 dashes cumin
¼ tsp salt
1-2 (maybe 3 or 4)  chipotle in adobo, chopped
1 key lime juiced.
And because I had it in my garden, a small amount of fresh oregano and thyme
Small pinch of hot chipotle powder (found at Sunflower)

Mix together and test frequently, because it is pretty, tasty good!  


2 comments:

  1. We LOVE Guadalajara's salsa--thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope after you try it, you will let me know if it is close, and give any suggestions. I think the key is the plum tomatoes from Trader Joes. :)

    ReplyDelete