Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ray's Soba Stirfry

I was at my friend Ray's the other evening, and he pulled out some random vegetables and soba noodles, and asked, "what can we do with this?"  Well, I had never used soba noodles before, so I said let's stir fry!! (when in doubt...stir fry)   One of the vegetables he offered was a sweet potato.  Ya, I said the same thing you just did, "Sweet potato?  In stir fry?"  But hey, he was willing to let me experiment, so I did.  I diced it up and threw it in with the other vegetables and stir fried it too!  It was amazingly good!  When I got home, I have been planning on experimenting further.  I read up on soba noodles, and found they were made from buckwheat, and pretty good for you, so game on!  I came up with this easy, healthy, satisfying dish, thanks to Ray! :) 

Soba Stir fry

Saute 1/2 onion
when caramelized add to it any awesome vegetables you want! 
I used
2 stalks celery, diced
1 head of broccoli chopped
1 cup of sugar snap peas, cut in half
1/2 sweet potato, diced
1 head bok choy, chopped
1 can water chesnuts

saute together until nice and soft...add some salt to kick it up and your favorite soy based flavoring.  I used a Thai Peanut sauce and a little bit of sweet chili sauce.

Boil soba noodles as directed, I used 1 and 1/2 of the bundles.  Add to stir fry and stir fry it up with the vegetables.



Eat away!!!  (by the way...I have never said stir fry so many times in my life...rock on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment