Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lemon Cream Cheese Bars...Stop me now!

Why do I feel that I must outdo myself?  Well, a friend of mine requested lemon bars for his birthday.  He then added, he would like them to have cream cheese.  I have the best lemon bar recipes ever, and so I had to decide how to add cream cheese and cross my fingers.  and drumroll please...........they were amazing!!!!  So, have some wicked awesome lemony tart sweet fun!!! Note:  if you prefer just a lemon bar, take out the cream cheese mix and you will be able to have my favorite lemon bar recipe, and I have tried quite a few, and this one is the clear winner. :)

Lemon Cream Cheese Bars

Cream together:
1 cup butter or margarine
½ cup powdered sugar

Add and mix well:
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups flour

Pat into a 9” x 13” greased baking pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. 

Mix together and pour over hot crust:
 

1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
1/4 cup lemon juice

Then mix and add to the top of the cream cheese layer
4 eggs, beaten slightly
2 cups sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup flour
¼ cup lemon juice (and maybe a splash or two or three or four more)

Rind of one lemon, grated (and then maybe one or two more rinds, if you like it tart and sassy)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  When done, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment