Saturday, April 9, 2011

Myriel's Four Bean Baked Beans

My mom's cousin Myriel, was a wonderful cook, who introduced a lot of recipes into our family.  This is my favorite.  I love the different beans that go into it, and the sweetness and many flavors.  It is just soooo good.  I added a little bit of molasses to the mix, because, I love molasses, and it is, um healthy, so go team!  :)  Add this to your next bbq.  I just made it for a bbq with some friends, and while I am used to the beans being a hit, this time, my friend Anne's hamburgers won hands down.  She added to some high quality hamburger (from real cows ;)  ) : diced onion, serrano pepper, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and an egg.  We slapped a slice of pepperjack cheese on top, and they were awesome!!!!  So, bbq away!!!



4 Bean Baked Beans

½ lb bacon, cut up, raw  ***I use a full pound, really like maple bacon in this, and cook it before I put it in
1         lb (16oz) can of each: (you can pick any kind of beans you want, these are just suggestions, except pork and beans)
kidney beans(drained)
black beans (drained)
northern beans (drained)
pork and beans, do not drain


ADD:
                1 large chopped onion
                ¼ cup vinegar
                1 cup brown sugar
                1TBS processed mustard
                1 teas. Garlic salt (I use 3 minced garlic cloves)
               **I also add 1 tbsp molasses, and 1 tbsp ketchup


Directions:
                Bake at 350 degrees for 3-31/2 hours or 5 hours at slow in crock pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment