Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Comfort of Tomato Soup

I took a long, hard hike this morning, and all I wanted at the end (besides a hot shower) was tomato soup.  I love Campbell's tomato soup, but felt like making some homemade.  After going to my neighborhood parents house and not finding tomato paste, I went over to neighborhood Walmart.  I really didn't want to shop, I was tired and looked like a homeless person, but away I went.  The ingredients are simple, and it takes no time at all.  Be careful with the garlic salt, it can be too strong if you use too much.  Enjoy some warm, deliciousness!  

Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
 
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 cup water
2 cups milk
½ tsp garlic salt
2 ½ Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt (or to taste)

Put all ingredients in a soup pot and simmer together.  Serve nice and hot topped with crackers and cheese!!! (or whatever topping you like)

2 comments:

  1. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I love your home-made tomato soup! And the chef who makes it best! Even homeless looking, she's HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you posted a tomato soup recipe! I have always wondered how to make it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete