Friday, October 15, 2010

Acorn Squash Supremeo!

A couple weeks ago, a lady at bountiful baskets asked about an acorn squash and what to do with it....and boy do I know how to make an acorn squash quite delicious....mmmm....I think I will go eat some now. :)


Brown Sugar Acorn Squash

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Using a strong chef's knife, cut the acorn squash in half.  Scoop out the seeds  stuff in the center of each half. Make cuts on the inside of the half several times with a  knife. Place each half in a baking pan, cut side down. Add about a 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the baking pan.  Cook for 40-50 minutes, depending on size...just check by poking a fork in to see if it is soft.

Flip the squash over, add in a pat of butter and a Tbsp of brown sugar into each half and cook again for 5 minutes, until butter and sugar are melted and bubbly. 

Serve and eat!!



1 comment:

  1. I prepared my Bountiful Basket squash the exact same way. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete